Can you believe it; the holiday season is already here! It’s time to start digging out family recipes, decorations, and all those holiday goodies buried in your closet. Schedules are everywhere from family gatherings to local festivities. Peppermint, gingerbread, and pumpkin are holiday classics! What is your favorite holiday dish? We all know that sugary foods and drinks may rot our teeth, but most don’t know what foods can be beneficial. So here’s a list of those that might actually surprise you.
- Crunchy Fruits and Vegetables
- Pumpkin has magnesium which takes care of your enamel. Pumpkin seeds have iron and help keep your tongue healthy.
- Cheese and Dairy
- Plain yogurt
- Cheese has a lot of protein and calcium which is good for enamel.
- Most seafood has fluoride.
- Nuts have calcium along with phosphorous that helps strengthens enamel.
- High fiber triggers your flow of saliva.
- Whole grains have B vitamins and iron, keeping your gums in tip-top shape!
- Dark chocolate has polyphenols which are a natural chemical that limits
Healthy Holidays Recipe
Yes, there are health benefits to these foods and drinks but it’s important to remember: MODERATION IS KEY! So enjoy your favorite holiday foods and indulge in a bit of guilty pleasure.
We wish you happy holidays and good cheer!
Dr. Frederic J. Norkin
South Florida Center for Periodontics & Implant Dentistry